So, in no particular order, here is our short list of movies we would have liked a second helping of:
- Top Gun - so Maverick becomes an instructor at Top Gun. The next movie could have been him against more smart ass young pilots or even getting called out into another international incident with his cadets. Throw in more romance with Charlie or another love interest, and it would have been another fun summer flick (and probably lots better than Days of Thunder.
- Independence Day (ID4) - no way all of the nasty aliens were dead at the end of the first one. Surely some of those big ships got back into orbit before we kamikazed into them. Flash forward a few years, and it's Memorial Day. Let the explosions and Will Smith wise cracks commence.
- Pulp Fiction - not so much a sequel as what happened in between the stories. Where did Jules go? How did Marsellus get the case? What was in the case anyway? How did Vinnie come into Marsellus' employ? Pump up the music, grab your milkshake, and let's get the gang back together.
- The Fifth Element - avoid the obvious of calling "The Sixth Element", and we can continue the story of Leeloo. Surely someone can persuade Luc Besson and Milla Jovovich to start working on this film (and bring Jean Reno along). Who needs Bruce Willis anyway?
- Legend - more Darkness! Nuff said.
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off - this could have been a mini-franchise for Matthew Broderick. Ferris Bueller's Next Day Off, Ferris Bueller's Summer Vacation, etc until they go the way of the National Lampoon vacation flicks. Seriously, it would have been another fun romp as Bueller enters freshman year in college and decides he needs to skip out before he flips out and heads off cross state find Mia Sara's Sloane with Cameron once more unwillingly/willingly in tow.
I am sure there are more, so feel free to send your nominees!
Image via Wikipedia
Cover of Independence Day [Blu-ray]